Digital transformation is getting ready for higher education; but is higher education ready for digital transformation?
HUMANE Spring Seminar
Hosted by the University of Aveiro
April 13-14, 2018
- GE Healthcare and Alterys ViosWorks can create a 3-D moving picture of a beating heart while also showing in real time how much blood is pumped with each contraction.
- Carrefour use electronic beacons in to collect data about customer behaviour and purchasing patterns, using AI to personalise promotions to customers
- A Georgia Tech professor and his team created a robot teaching assistant, providing online answers to students’ questions for five months without the students noticing. Soon the robot will answer 40% of the students’ questions.
Are we ready for the revolution?
Rapid technological advances in data and analytics, digitalisation, AI and machine learning have been reshaping the landscape, enabling transformational innovations in many industry sectors, not least education.
Machines today can match or outperform human performance in a range of work activities, including ones that require cognitive capabilities, learning, making tacit judgments and sensing emotion.
Yet their advent raises questions for institutional leaders:
- How should we best prepare for and harness these technologies?
- What are the skills and institutional transformation that will be required to harvest the benefits?
- How will institutional leaders as well as staff adapt to the impact on their jobs, capacity-building and the nature of university work itself.
We’re bringing together a cast of senior, experienced speakers to challenge our thinking about these big issues in an interactive seminar programme that will be informative, engaging and thought-provoking, which is available here.
This seminar will appeal to Heads of Administration, CIOs, Directors of Planning, Directors of Student Services and HR, and FDs. Register here to secure you place, as this promises to be a very popular seminar in a stunning location!
Register now to secure your place.